Expired By 01/08/2014
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
To review draft tender and project documents to assist in the preparation of technical and commercial bids for Company projects.
1. To review draft tender documents to ensure all systems and components of the tender are included.
2. To prepare tender documentation queries to consultants/clients to confirm and collect any missing data including; shipping costs, insurance, and any regional requirements.
3. To prepare reports and supporting documents to submit to Proposal Coordinator to identify areas requiring more information to ensure the Company is positioned to win and secure bids.
4. To develop tender cost summaries including equipment, materials and labour calculations for final approval.
5. To interpret & review system drawings to identify any difference to tender requirements and raise queries against specification.
6. To review and generate Bill of Quantity against system drawings to ensure alignment and to identify materials types & quantities and prepare equipment lists and rough drawings for cost estimation.
7. To interpret and follow Company tendering processes and procedures to ensure all aspects of tenders are met including relevant discipline codes and standards.
8. To prepare specification documents to submit to vendors for quotations of cost/price of materials and equipment and evaluate same against tender specifications to include in final tender documentation.
9. To build relationships and liaise with internal customers and external suppliers and vendors and manage daily correspondence for quantities, costs and specifications.
ESSENTIAL WORK ACTIVITIES
• Planning/Implementing • Representing/Selling
• Analyzing/Integrating/Interpreting • Checking
• Handling Info/Instructions • Controlling/Reviewing
• Estimating/Calculating • Clerical/Admin functions
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Degree in an Engineering Discipline (Mechanical, Electrical, Instrumentation)
• Tendering procedures
• Discipline specific codes of practice
• General PC applications
• Preparing reports and records
• Data analysis and tender review
• Drawing interpretation and sketches
• Communication and interpersonal
• Materials Costs and quantities
• Project Management
• 6 to 10 years related work experience as a Discipline Engineer or Trades Person, Project management, Materials costing and purchasing, Tendering and specification for projects